Sunday, November 9, 2014

Playing around on Sunday morning

Just a short update on early Sunday morning. I am just testing (fooling?) around with my new camera a bit. And I wanted to quickly show you some of the pictures I shot (and had an IMO nice effect by chance). After posting that I will return to priming the first miniatures from Shadows of Brimstone but I had to take a break because it really stressed me out that my airbrush was totally clogged  although I gave it a thorough cleaning after the latest usage. Nearly killed my motivation to continue at all....

The shots with the black background are taken on our small living room "table" (its a small chest to be honest) which has a black dyed glass plate as protection on it. I was only curious how this would work and made a test shot with my hiking knife. This gave me the expected reflections of our living room on the glass. But out of curiosity I activated the flashlight and BAMM! pretty surprising effect here.

So I couldn't resist and test it on a miniature and a terrain piece because just putting stuff on the plate and shooting it takes even less time than using a photo bucket not to talk about setting up a photo booth. And yes I know that using a flashlight on miniatures is not the best thing to do, but I think for a quick work in progress shot it will be sufficient.
What do you think about it?

And for all the friends of pictures taken outside in the real nature I also have something. On our hiking trip yesterday we came across some snowy fields and even saw the Alps (which I didn't know we could from where I live) and some small waterfalls. So I really wanted to try to make a picture with these incredible nice water effect you can achieve with a DSLR. Unfortunately I had no tripod with me so I tried it with putting the camera on a stone and hoping for the best. Turned out quite OK. With some longer exposure time it would have been better:


And a hearty: "Welcome!" to Night Runner. Thanks for following. Please take a seat, enjoy the tea and cookies and make yourself comfortable. Seems you don't have a blog yourself. If so, please just drop me a line and I will add you to my blogroll.


So long,
Paradox0n

P.S.:
I didn't get much (none at all to be precise) on my unboxing article. Did everyone just miss it, was it so bad or was it not interesting for you? I spent quite some time on it so I would really appreciate some feedback (even if its negative) on it.

2 comments:

  1. I must admit, I do like the black background, it really makes the models 'pop'. Great waterfall shot too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael. We'll see what the future brings with all this photography stuff :)

      Delete

If you liked this article, please leave a comment. If you even want to support this blog, deactive your adblocker and click on one of the banners. Everything will be refunded for new reviews or tutorials. Thanks!

Related Posts