Monday, November 3, 2014

MMM: Frank Sinatra - Mack the Knife

After my weekends experience with knives I thought this song is somehow fitting :)

Hope the Doc tells me in 2 hours that everything is OK and I can return back to normal. Although tipping with one missing (because bandaged) finger is somewhat difficult. Normally I type blindly but now I miss more keys than hitting stuff.

Nevertheless, please enjoy the master Frank Sinatra with Mack the Knife:


To get this post some hobby relation: I just tested some stuff yesterday and I think I understood for the first time what glazing really is...
And I have a question to you: Skin for Chaos Dwarves skin tones with purple shadows or completely gray? Or maybe characters gray and units flesh... My problem is, that with my red/gold scheme the fleshy skin tones pop out too much I think.
If I get my camera today I will make some WIP photos and show you my problem.


So long,
Paradox0n

2 comments:

  1. I hope everything turns out well for you at the doctor. It took me awhile to learn what a glaze really was. People kept using the terms "wash" and "glaze" interchangeably and they're not. Glazing is a tedious business, but once you've got it down you can really get good depth of colour and smooth transitions.

    If I was to go with grey's on the skin, I'd mix a grey with a blue undertone to it as the cool of the blue will complement the red/cold palette.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anne. Thanks for the nice tip with the blue. Will try that out on a test mini.

      Delete

If you liked this article, please leave a comment. If you even want to support this blog, deactive your adblocker and click on one of the banners. Everything will be refunded for new reviews or tutorials. Thanks!

Related Posts