Friday, May 17, 2013

Friday Finding of the Week - Wargaming rooms

H.G. Wells playing a wargame
H.G. Wells playing a wargame
Friday Finding of the Week (FFotW) will be my new weekly column where I will show you some of the stuff I stumbled upon while browsing the web. This can be miniatures, videos, tutorials or other stuff all around our cool hobby.
Even H.G. Wells was playing wargames so I thought of starting with a small collection of fascinating wargaming rooms I found while browsing for ideas for my own gaming table and stumbled upon whole rooms of which most of us gamers can only dream of.

Bengal Wargaming Room
So where to start... I think I should start with "The Bengal Room", the wargaming room of the "Bengal Club".  The room is nicely themed around the motto of the club "colonial wargames in the 18th and 19th century". And the entrance picture shows some other thing the club presents on its homepage: lots of cocktail recipies :) The room looks like you can have a real good time there and I love colonial stuff (ok even more the "Gründerzeit" but this comes pretty close).

Echoes of Glory Wargaming Room
Next one will be the gaming rooms of Echoes of Glory. As I saw the first picture of this room I first thought of a museum not a gaming room. This thing is packed with historical stuff mostly from the American Civil War and also contains some historical and fantasy armies. Very cool and completely themed this is top notch. Wonder if I could complete there a game without hours of staring at this marvelous decoration.

The Dungeon - Wargaming Room from Kitaq
Next in the line is "The Dungeon" the "Mens Den" from Kitaq Gamers, a japanese wargaming club. The amount of work invested by these crazy guys is nearly unbelievable. And it is not only a nice place to play your wargames but is also perfect for playing some RPG or just having a beer with your friends. This really is something I only thought you can dream about.
If I had the opportunity to play there I would surely do!

Gaming Room from Wargamingworkshop
Last but not least is the Gaming Room from Wargamingworkshop. The design was inspired by the Games Workshop Museum in Nottingham. This one is the room with the cleanest line, the biggest storage room and really everything you need for this hobby. And lots of bling bling :) Therefore it is my absolute favorite.
If I ever have the chance to build my own wargaming room I will surely use this as a guiding (he has even put the layouts on his page!).


Do you have a fantastic wargaming room at your own or know where to find one? Share it with me in the comments!
Hope you enjoyed my first FFotW.


So long,
Paradox0n

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you liked this article, please leave a comment. If you even want to support this blog, deactive your adblocker and click on one of the banners. Everything will be refunded for new reviews or tutorials. Thanks!

Related Posts