Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Wheathering tutorials from Mike Chambers

Some time ago I stumpled upon some really great tutorials on how to stain/wheather wood. Just have a look at Rusty Stumps Scale Models, especially the ones from Mike Chambers are really good.

He uses multiple inks to stain real wood and use it for terrain and buildings. Especially the small series about this technique is really good. If you want to risk a look, here are the direct links to the PDFs from the page:
If you like them, just take a look at the other articles on they page, they have some really nice tips there.


So long,
Paradox0n


P.S.: A small comment if I should be continue with stuff like this would be appreciated. Don't want to bore you to death with stuff you all already know :)

3 comments:

  1. Personally, even if I have my own technique for doing something, I like to see how others do things. Thanks for sharing and I'd be interested in whatever you come across.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with Sean. Always nice to see how others do things and how I can incorporate it into my style or make me work better. Cheers for the new references here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to hear, then I will definitly keep my eyes and ears open and will post things like this in the future :)

    ReplyDelete

If you liked this article, please leave a comment. If you even want to support this blog, deactive your adblocker and click on one of the banners. Everything will be refunded for new reviews or tutorials. Thanks!

Related Posts