Saturday, June 16, 2012

Oh nooooes - Motivation leaked

Motivation leak
Have you ever been in a situation similiar to this:
You prepared a miniature you wanted to paint for a long time. It was stripped from paint, glued together, the base is prepared and everything is primed. You arranged your working place, readied a new audio book (I LOVE listening to audio books while painting) and put the first colors on your wet pallete. You load your brush with paint and after the first layers of paint: BAMM!
Your motivation to paint is gone with a single blow. It comes so aprupt that you want to throw your miniature against the nearest wall.

This happened to me with my old vermin lord. I had painted him in the old colorful scheme and wanted to give him a new, somewhat darker look. But with the first layers of skin (unfortunately I hate painting skin) my complete motivation to paint him vanished... At the moment I really regret stripping him from the old paint.

How do you overcome such situations and get your motivation back?

So long,
Paradox0n

2 comments:

  1. do something you want to.

    I get frustrated, becuase sometimes, I have the desire to paint, the models, the time, the locations.. but what's missing is the energy.. i have a challanging job, and soemtimes i sit with the intention to paint, but dont pickup the brush instead trawl through blogs leaving comments...


    ah. I'm doing it now.

    and you see if i do lean over and pick up the brush, doing small things, tiny sections. rathe5r than think "paint the whole mini" i'll enjoy it, it wont be a chore and all will be well..

    so yea.. make smaller tasks.. like i am going to do now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your nice reply :)

      But my "problem" was solved in a different way: My cats got hold on him in an unwatched moment. First time they ever did something like this. Now I have to redo him either way, because his head and weapon fell of.
      "Hey Verminlord, how about another bath in ethyl alcohol?!"

      Delete

If you liked this article, please leave a comment. If you even want to support this blog, deactive your adblocker and click on one of the banners. Everything will be refunded for new reviews or tutorials. Thanks!

Related Posts