Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Terrain out of junk - Impassable terrain

Again an article about something I made up to create terrain out of junk. We had our fruit basket full of exotic fruit and to our misfortune some of the passion fruits were really dried up and not ready to eat anymore. They were so hard, I think I would be able to throw in a window with them... But no, building terrain with them is much more fun. They have a real alien look so you could use them as tyranid spores or as some warped stones from the chaos desert or dragon eggs or something like this. Decide yourself ;)
 
Impassable Terrain
Dragon Eggs? Warpstone? Tyranid Spores?


All you need is:

- dried passion fruit
- some kind of cardboard (I used the leftover board from a sixpack of my favourite beer)
- PVA glue
- sand
- some color
- static gras
Impassable Terrain Step 1
Dried passion fruit

Step 1

Cut out a fitting base and glue the fruit onto it. If everything is dry, sand the base like everytime you do things like that. Thats all the magic that will happen in this step.

Impassable Terrain Step 2
Based and sanded

Step 2

Paint your base in the desired color. Drybrush it and if everything fits your needs, use some static gras or something like that to give some detail to the terain piece. Et voilà!
Impassable Terrain Step 3
The final result - Drybrushed and applied static gras

Step 3

If you want, you can paint the passion fruit. But I liked the natural and rather alien look of them. I think I will try some green and/or blue pigments on them to give them a even more chaotic/warped look

Conclusion

Again terrain at nearly no cost.I think they will look really cool with my warped trees.

Hope you enjoyed it.


So long,
Paradox0n

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you liked this article, please leave a comment. If you even want to support this blog, deactive your adblocker and click on one of the banners. Everything will be refunded for new reviews or tutorials. Thanks!

Related Posts