Friday, April 27, 2012

Terrain from spare parts - Part 2: Stack of wood

Seems terrain from spare parts really gets a series on my blog. Part 2 contains another terrain piece made completly out of stuff I had on my workingtable and from junk I would have thrown away otherwise . Its nothing fancy or even big, but it fits nicely to my growing village ;) A small stack of wood:

Stack of wood
As said its nothing fancy. I just had some MDF sticks left from the working on my gaming table (a HowTo for this modular gaming table will follow soon) so I just tried out how I can achieve a wooden look.

I just glued the pile together, sanded the base and gave everything a basecoat. Again the sand was painted in a reddish brown and the wood in bestial brown. I then drybrushed everything and glued some static gras on the base. The wooden grain I painted with a very small brush and leprous brown I think.

From above
At the end it was not as bad as I thought. So its a nice addition to my fences ;)

So long,
Paradox0n

3 comments:

  1. Looks good.. spare parts terrain is always good.. might do this then as a separate obstacle for my games..
    Cheers for the idea..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome it is great that I am not just writing for the Void ;)
      I would be happy if you just give a hint when it's done.

      Delete
  2. I need to get some more terrain finished for my table. Articles like these are great inspiration to get to work.

    ReplyDelete

If you liked this article, please leave a comment. If you even want to support this blog, deactive your adblocker and click on one of the banners. Everything will be refunded for new reviews or tutorials. Thanks!

Related Posts